Friday, December 3, 2021

Game Design & Computer Programming 

I have decided to use the Godot game engine to teach programming. I will likely use this game engine for one of my creative coding classes. The wonderful Godot engine is free and accomplished. It uses C# as one of the programming languages to build games. It natively uses GD-Script, similar to Python, as its primary language. But...it also has an application that allows for Python programming! So, I will be able to teach C# AND Python using the game engine and integrated programming environment. 

I have decided, when I am given the next opportunity, in 2022, I will use Godot for creative coding with some game design and a completely separate game designing course for upperclassmen. I will also introduce and teach Unity for that game design course. 

Below is a screen shot of Godot 3.4+ and its scripting screen with Python. A simple GUI has been programmed and launched.



No comments:

Post a Comment