Thursday, December 12, 2019

New ideas, renewed vigor....it's about time.

It has been a while. I have decided to use Eclipse as the programming IDE for my introduction to programming and APCSA classes. Next year. I have used JGrasp for some time, but feel that using a more sophisticated IDE will be more representative of a development environment used in industry.

I have begun to dive into GODOT for game development and will become familiar with GD-script, the native language used in the application. It is very similar to Python, so the transition won't be too painful. I want to continue working towards using open-source/free applications for full development so that the students are not limited by monetary considerations.

I am also, strongly, considering delving into java-script. I have resisted for some time, but my recent interest in cross-platform, hybrid/web applications, has led me to React as a nice option. Also open-source thank goodness.

Blender has a new version out and it looks great! I will be familiarizing myself with it as well. Hope to begin a Game Development and/or Software Development Program at my school or any other place that provides the support I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment